Register today for The Bond Academy, a two-day educational workshop hosted by Stifel and ICBA, to provide community bank professionals with basic knowledge needed to help plan and create effective fixed income investment portfolios.
The customized curriculum was developed to deepen and reinforce the understanding of basic fixed income investment products and portfolio management principles, while also demonstrating how a portfolio can complement the rest of a bank’s balance sheet.
In learning the essentials of fixed income investing, bond pricing, valuation, and selection will be covered extensively.
Who Should Attend?
The Bond Academy is ideal for financial professionals interested in deepening their knowledge of fixed income asset classes and basic investment strategies. CEOs, CFOs, investment managers, directors, as well as new directors serving on investment or asset-liability committees will also find this coursework beneficial.
You Will Learn:
- Bond basics, including bond pricing, duration, and price volatility
- Bond types, including agencies, municipals, mortgage securities, and floating rate instruments
- The composition of a high performing portfolio
- How to understand the rate market: yield curves, spreads, monetary policy
- How economic data affects the bond market
- The impact of interest rate risk on portfolio management
- Portfolio strategies of laddering, barbells, riding the yield curve
- Day-to-day portfolio management techniques
- Evaluating investment portfolio performance