Alphabet Soup Series for Lenders:
Reg Z & TILA – Real Estate
(60-minute webinar – available only via recording)
Recorded Webinar Available January 29, 2021
(Look for January 29, 2021, when ordering)
How do Reg Z and TILA apply to loans secured by real estate? What about ARM loans? HELOCs? Round out your understanding of these regulatory focal points today.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the requirements of the Integrated Disclosure Rule
- Explain the ability-to-repay requirements, including the elements of a qualified mortgage
- Define the qualification and periodic training requirements for loan originators
- Identify what constitutes a high-cost mortgage or higher-priced mortgage loan
- Determine Regulation Z’s servicing rules including the periodic statement requirement
Join Regulatory Compliance Counsel Michael Christians for a 60-minute discussion of the requirements imposed by the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z as they apply to real estate loans. During the session, participants will learn about disclosure requirements for HELOC’s, ARM loans, and closed-end consumer credit transactions secured by a dwelling. The ability-to-repay rule, high-cost mortgages, higher-priced mortgage loans, and TILA’s servicing requirements specific to mortgage loans will also be covered.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed specifically for loan originators, loan processors, back office personnel, and compliance and audit professionals.
- Desktop quick reference guide to TILA and Regulation Z
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
MEET THE PRESENTER - Michael Christians, Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Michael assists financial institutions and organizations across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes and offers customized education and training services. Michael has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
AVAILABLE ONLY VIA RECORDED WEBINAR
Recorded Webinar Includes
- Handout and Take-Away Toolkit
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Free Digital Download, yours to keep
- Share link with anyone at your institution
- Presenter’s contact info for follow-up
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE