Top 10 Most Misunderstood IRA Issues:
Turning Confusion into Confidence
Webinar OR Recorded Webinar + Free Digital Download
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Pacific
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Mountain
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm Central
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern
Join us for an exceptional session that will update you on many issues facing IRA owners and IRA custodians. Current information, interpretations, and best practices will be included in this practical, easy-to-understand session. Are you following the latest IRS guidance on withholding and reporting regarding payments from IRAs to state unclaimed-property funds? Do you understand your responsibilities to monitor and calculate required minimum distributions versus required beneficiary death distributions? Which IRA transactions require written documentation by the IRA owner? Join us for this lively session to increase your awareness and confidence level when dealing with many common, but often misunderstood, IRA scenarios.
- Types of IRA transactions that require a written irrevocable election by the IRA owner
- Latest IRS guidance on payments from an IRA to a state’s unclaimed property division
- Requirements for properly disclaiming IRA assets
- How to properly handle various scenarios surrounding IRS levies
- When is an IRA exempt from an IRS levy notice?
- Handling distributions versus transfers incident to divorce
- Requirements and best practices when applying federal income tax withholding to IRA distributions
- Withholding notice requirements
- Withholding defaults and reporting requirements for recipients who are nonresident aliens
- IRA trustee or custodian obligations regarding the RMD notice
- RMD calculation for an IRA owner versus the owner of a beneficiary (inherited) IRA
- How to properly report and determine RMDs for a trust beneficiary
- Identify the requirements that apply to qualified versus nonqualified trust beneficiaries
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session will provide timely guidance to individuals who have IRA operational, compliance, or reporting responsibilities and those who deal face-to-face with IRA owners. This session will also provide managers, registered representatives, and licensed insurance representatives with important practical and compliance-related information.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one internet connection (from a single computer terminal). You may have as many people as you like listen and watch from your office computer.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Frank J. LaLoggia, LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.
Frank LaLoggia is the President of LaLoggia Consulting, Inc., Rochester, New York, a pension consulting firm that assists financial organizations with ongoing support in the creation, development, and marketing of their retirement plans offerings.
Frank coordinates and conducts retirement plan seminars and training programs throughout the United States, including in-house IRA, HSA and employer retirement plan training sessions. With over 38 years’ experience in employee benefits, and always in demand, his client list is impressive. He has assisted many leading financial organizations in the pension and financial services industries. Frank has achieved the designation of Deferred Compensation Specialist through Northeastern Universities Center for Continuing Education and The National Retirement Plans Training Conference.
THREE REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
- LIVE WEBINAR
The live webinar option allows you to have one internet connection from a single computer terminal. You may have as many people as you like listen and watch from your office computer. Registrants receive a website address and passcode that allows entrance to the seminar. The session will be approximately 90 minutes, including question and answer sessions. Seminar materials, including instructions, passcode, and handouts will be emailed prior to the broadcast. You will need the most current version of Adobe Reader available free at www.adobe.com.
- RECORDED WEBINAR + FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Can’t attend the live webinar? This option provides a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address for follow-up questions. You will receive an email with the recorded webinar link, which can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 6 business days after the webinar. You will also receive instruction on how to download a free digital copy of the webinar to your PC, which you may keep and use indefinitely.
The recorded webinar may ONLY be ordered for 6 months following the live webinar. In addition, the download must be completed within 6 months of the live webinar date.
- BOTH LIVE WEBINAR & RECORDED WEBINAR + FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Options 1 and 2 described above.
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE