Managing Absenteeism & Leaves of Absence
Managing absenteeism and employee leave can be confusing and time consuming. Managing absenteeism can also be frustrating, because there may be times when you are restricted from disciplining employees who appear to be abusing the policies. This webinar will sort out the dos and don’ts for developing and managing effective leave policies. Learn how to manage the landmines, sort through the valid and invalid employee excuses, minimize the confusion, and improve your processes.
Recorded Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Federal and state employee leave laws
- Types of leaves typically provided in like-size companies
- Pros and cons of PTO versus separate vacation and sick leave plans
- Value of developing and communicating effective leave policies
- How to sort out excuses and manage policy abuse
- Create incentives for good behavior
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- FMLA checklist and sample introductory paragraph for handbooks
- Sick leave, personal days, vacation, and holidays checklists
- Sample sick leave policy – a good one and a better one!
- Sample policy on pay deductions for exempt staff
- Causes and costs of absenteeism (excerpt from Forbes article)
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is designed for managers and human resource staff charged with developing or managing leave programs and employees. Learn what you can and can’t do when managing absenteeism.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Kay is the Principal of Robinson HR Consulting, LLC. She has served as an HR consultant and practitioner for over 25 years, including 14+ years as Director of HR Consulting Services with RSM McGladrey; Assistant Vice Chancellor for HR at the University of North Carolina; and Associate Director for HR at the University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hospital.
A frequent speaker, Kay received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in HR/Adult Learning at the University of Rochester; is a Senior Certified Professional (SHRM – SCP) and a Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI).