2019 ELDG Summer Leadership Conference
Fireside Inn & Suites, Devils Lake, ND
The ICBND Emerging Leaders Development Program Summer Leadership Conference is one of our most anticipated events each year. You can expect inspiring keynote speakers and two days of opportunities to connect and interact with your peers. This event is the ideal setting for forming personal and professional relationships with individuals in the industry who are at similar points in their lives and careers.
If you’re on the fence about registering this year, you should consider what others have said about past conferences:
- You can network and connect with future leaders of our industry, not to mention the sessions and programming are geared toward our professional and personal growth
- I would recommend every developing community banker attend the ELDG Conference. It’s the one event where you can strengthen your professional career and network with like-minded bankers.
- I have made some of the best professional friends through my involvement in the Emerging Leaders Development Group. This conference allows me to bounce ideas or ask questions of my trusted banker friends. Plus this group is so much fun to be around!
Even if you are not a member of the Emerging Leaders Development Group, you are welcome to register and join this great group for an amazing session!
All attendees will receive a copy of speaker Jim Bouchard's book "The Sensei Leader".
Books have been sponsored by Eide Bailly.
9:30 - 10:00 AM Registration & Continental Breakfast
10:00 - Noon Community Outreach Project
The group will meet at the Fireside Inn & Suites on June 6th at 10:00 AM to assemble 50 Backpacks with items that Kindergarteners will need for school this fall. ICBND will purchase the backpacks and the supplies. We are asking the Emerging Leaders Development Group to send ICBND a donation of $30 to help cover the cost of the backpacks and supplies. The items included in the backpacks will be:
1 box of markers- 1 pointed scissors- 1 box of 8 jumbo crayons- 1 box of 24 crayons-1 package of glue sticks- 1 box of Kleenex- 1 bottle of school glue.
We will go as a group to deliver them to the school- Minnie H Kindergarten Center. Local news media will be on hand to take photos and report on the project. ICBND will also do a press release and send out to all participants local media.
Noon - 1:00 Lunch at Fireside Inn & Suites
1:00 - 5:00 PM Managing Upward: Climb the Ladder of Success without Breaking Your Leg with Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP
You oversee your performance and career development. Discover new ways of working with your supervisor to build cooperation and achieve success that benefits both of you. Key points will include:
- Gain the respect that you deserve
- Increase your understanding how others are “wired” and find common ground
- Plan your career development by looking at strengths and areas for improvement
- Decide wisely on how and when to approach leadership
- Understand your manager and build a strong relationship
- Cultivate powerful communication strategies
- Develop your value to your organization
- Recognize the skills you bring to the team
- Learn how to have tough conversations with leadership, colleagues, and even customers
- Practice Verbal Aikido—when someone pushes your hot button
Over the past 30 years, Joyce Weiss has earned high praise from hundreds of businesses and organizations for her training and development programs that increased productivity, outcomes and employee engagement in stifled workplaces where conflict, bullying and other unhealthy workflow concerns occurred. Her communication strategies and tools have also assisted in the advancement of thousands of managers and employees to new leadership heights and improved their quality of life. Joyce is an internationally recognized Communication Strategist and Coach, who has a renowned track record for improving work environments and the quality of life for hundreds of her clients.
6:00 PM Evening meal & event at Proz Lakeside
7:30 - 9:15 AM Full hot breakfast buffet in hotel breakfast area
9:15 - 10:45 AM 8 Strategies for Effective Leaders with Jim Bouchard
Highly interactive session focusing on the ever changing circumstances and conditions you face as a leader in the community banking industry. Be the LEADER others respect, trust and admire—inspire the best in others and insist on the best in yourself! You’ll leave with 8 actionable strategies you can put into practice in your business—TODAY. What you can expect:
- Leadership Assessment: We’ll identify the leadership goals and challenges most important to YOU.
- Lively, focused discussion - this is a conversation, NOT a lecture!
- Learn to develop leadership skills at ALL levels, independent of title or position
- Deep Dive into the 8 Strategies and how to implement them
Each attendee will receive a copy of Jim's book 'The Sensei Leader' sponsored by our valued associate member Eide Bailly.
Jim Bouchard is an internationally recognized speaker, Leadership Activist, and founder of the SENSEI LEADER Movement™. He provides interactive keynotes and leadership programs for community banking, credit unions, and cooperative audiences around the world. His articles are featured in CB Insight, CU Times and other periodicals and he appears regularly on TV and radio, including such programs as BBC Worldview and FOX news. He also hosts Walking the Walk, a leadership podcast highlighting compassionate, engaged leaders from all areas of business, diverse cultures and experience.
10:45 - 11:00 AM BREAK
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Intangible It with Jack Stahlmann
Every movie star has an intangible quality that you can’t quite put your finger on...or can you? By sharing the humorous and humbling tales of his Tinseltown adventures, Jack examines the “it” factor that makes certain actors stars in Hollywood and shares how you can go from a bit player to a superstar in your profession. In this session you will:
- Learn effective strategies to make sure your message lands with difficult people...not that you have to deal with any of those!
- Discover your personal brand from an outside perspective and learn to leverage it for professional benefit
- Develop a new outlook on change through Jack’s “Just One Thing” mantra: shifting one small thing in your life at a time and not viewing changes as a full life overhaul
- Understand how to bottle the “it” factor that movie stars possess and follow the simple steps to bring that element to every event in your life.
As a professional speaker Jack Stahlmann has inspired and educated hundreds of organizations. Jack’s entertaining and informative presentations are built around his experiences in Los Angeles as an actor, producer, director...and of course, a waiter. In 2002, he launched his own production company which created several films that enjoyed international success. And as an actor his shining moment came in a co-star role on the CBS drama Cold Case where he played a wimpy park ranger. He also appeared on Days of Our Lives and several regional commercials. He has been a contributor to The Huffington Post where he muses about the business lessons we can learn from pop culture. Jack currently resides in St. Paul, MN.
12:30 - 1:30 PM LUNCH
1:30 - 4:00 PM Hire, Manage and Market Like a Generational Genius with Jim Mathis
Anyone can become a generational genius in today’s banking climate. The Millennials and Gen Z are a large part of successful financial marketing strategy, but they present challenges that have never been faced. Many corporations are attempting to reach this group in the way they uniquely hear and buy. They have distinct marketing and management needs and language. And with both coming of age...Millennials and Gen Z will be running your bank one day soon, if not already!
- What are the differences in world view and economic that characterize each different generation in the marketplace
- What are the four critical factors that drive these generations
- How do you work with Millennials’ unique styles
- What are the differences between Gen Z and Millennials and how do they work differently
- How do you brand your organization based on the next generational trends
- What can you do to communicate better with them to create a more productive workplace and marketing plan
Jim Mathis is a bestselling author, International Platform Certified Speaking Professional, Certified Speaking Professional, and executive consultant. He has been writing, speaking and consulting for over 40 years internationally. Jim helps business leaders who want to reinvent their organizations in challenging economies. He is President of Reinvention Nation, LLC, based in Orlando FL and author of the best-selling book Reinvention Made Easy: Change Your Strategy, Change Your Results, as well as Reinvention 101: Bold Ideas on Reinvention.
4:00 PM Prize Drawings!
ICBND Emerging Leaders Development Group (ELDG) Annual Member FREE*
ICBND ELDG Spouse $175*
ICBND ELDG Spouse Last Minute Registration - After May 16 $225*
ICBND ELDG Alumni $275*
ICBND ELDG Alumni Last Minute Registration - After May 16 $325*
ICBND Members but not members of the ELDG Program (Other) $455*
ICBND Members but not members of the ELDG Program Last Minute Registration - After May 16 $505*
*Fees include session handout materials, breaks, breakfast, lunch, and evening event food and refreshments.
**Cancellation Policy: Individuals canceling 15 days prior to seminar date will receive 100% refund; 14 to 7 days prior to seminar date will receive 50%; less than 7 days prior to seminar date will receive no refund.
Fireside Inn & Suites, 215 Hwy 2 E, Devils Lake, ND
Call 701-662-6760 to reserve your room. Mention the ICBND Group when making your reservations to get the room rate of $99.99 per night. This rate includes: Full hot breakfast buffet every morning between 4:30 AM and 9:30 AM; coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cappuccino 24/7; and 2 free drink tickets to their lounge. Block rate drop date is May 6, 2019