Required Compliance for Commercial Loans Secured by Real Estate
Webinar OR Recorded Webinar + Free Digital Download
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Pacific
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Mountain
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm Central
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern
Which regulations apply to commercial real estate loans? Are there exceptions when real estate is taken as “an abundance of caution”? Can examiners assess civil money penalties for violations? Do your commercial lenders and support staff understand the data collection required for HMDA-reportable applications? Is a written application required for a business-purpose loan? This webinar will address these questions and more. Real-life examples will be used to explain how regulations apply to the commercial loan application process.
- Overview of commercial loan compliance hot spots, including fair housing, Regulation B, Flood Disaster Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, accommodation loans, HMDA, and insider lending
- High-level review of BSA requirements, including the new beneficial ownership rules for legal entity customers effective May 11, 2018
- How to determine whether the application is for business or consumer purposes
- Compliance requirements when real estate is taken as collateral
- Compliance requirements for Regulation B appraisal rules on loan applications secured by a first lien on 1-4 family dwellings (there is no “business-purpose” exception)
- Common commercial loan violations when real estate is taken as collateral
- Overview of HMDA requirements and review of the rules for business-purpose loans effective January 1, 2018. Some institutions may be eligible for partial exemptions from some data fields if they meet the lower threshold limits announced on August 31, 2018.
- Flood insurance challenges with commercial buildings and collateral, including new rules for “detached structure on residential property” with a commercial purpose
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Matrix of 28 loan types; required disclosures for both consumer and commercial loans with explanations about real-estate-secured loans
- Guide outlining the regulations that apply to commercial credit and exemptions for certain rules
- Commercial loan application template
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
Flood Insurance Compliance for Commercial Lending: Unique Issues & Case Studies
on Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Advanced Commercial Loan Documentation
on Thursday, May 23, 2019
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, CRCM, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
THREE REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
- LIVE WEBINAR
The live webinar option allows you to have one internet connection from a single computer terminal. You may have as many people as you like listen and watch from your office computer. Registrants receive a website address and passcode that allows entrance to the seminar. The session will be approximately 90 minutes, including question and answer sessions. Seminar materials, including instructions, passcode, and handouts will be emailed prior to the broadcast. You will need the most current version of Adobe Reader available free at www.adobe.com.
- RECORDED WEBINAR + FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Can’t attend the live webinar? This option provides a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address for follow-up questions. You will receive an email with the recorded webinar link, which can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 6 business days after the webinar. You will also receive instruction on how to download a free digital copy of the webinar to your PC, which you may keep and use indefinitely.
The recorded webinar may ONLY be ordered for 6 months following the live webinar. In addition, the download must be completed within 6 months of the live webinar date.
- BOTH LIVE WEBINAR & RECORDED WEBINAR + FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Options 1 and 2 described above.
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE