Emerging Leaders Development Program
Fall Leadership Conference
The Emerging Leaders Development Program (ELDP) is designed for career-aspiring community bankers who are committed to preserving and enhancing community banking and its philosophies. You do not need to be a member of the ELDP or ICBND to attend and we encourage all bankers to attend if they can.
Day1: October 13
Education session will take place at the ICBND office - 1136 West Divide Ave, Bismarck, ND 58501
- 3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Brent Ekstrom, Lewis & Clark Development Group
- 3:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Kyle Olson, ND Farm Management Education
- 4:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. SCORE
- 4:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Question & Answer
- 5:30 p.m. Social & Dinner at Johnny Carino’s Sponsored in part by: Lewis & Clark Development Group
Day2: October 14
Education session will take place at the Holiday Inn Bismarck - 3903 State Street, Bismarck, ND 58503
- 8:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Debbie Peterson “How Smart Professionals Create Career Success”Her audiences and clients have shared that they have experienced more clarity of career direction, producing better decisions; an increased focus for clearer, consistent action; and more momentum, keeping them motivated and achieving the next level of success.Debbie is the creator of “The Way Forward Mentorship Program,” and the “The Way Forward Mastery Weekend,” for women and emerging leaders. She is a professional member of the National Speakers Association, Women’s Speakers Association, and an author with her book, “Clarity: How Smart Professionals Create Career Success on Their Terms,” released in 2019. Debbie has long been an advocate for professional women, and in 2015 she stepped on to the board of ATHENA International, a global organization committed to supporting, developing and honoring women leaders. She is also a member of the International Women’s Forum.
- 10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Joe Schmit “Impact Leadership”In this high energy, high-impact presentation loaded with humor Joe Schmit inspires and helps you discover how to ramp up the profound power of your influence. When you become more aware and intentional with the impact you have as a leader, it will improve your bottom line and your R.O.I. – Return on Impact. Through research, Joe has discovered that we make our biggest impressions when we are not trying to be impressive. Impact Leadership is a blueprint to help you improve your company culture, help you develop a high-performance team and make you a leader of significance. If there were a going away party at your work place today, who would the most people show up for? That person is having a "Silent Impact" on everyone around them, but what is their secret? Who would you place on your personal Mt. Rushmore of Influence and why would they be there? What “Impact Resolutions” can you make to become a leader of purpose, persistence and passion? These are answers you will learn in Joe’s session.
- 12:15 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Lunch - Sponsored in part by: Bell Bank
- 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. James Robilotta “Authentic Leadership”James is an author, professional speaker, personal coach, and trained improve comedian. After nearly 15 years of building, training, supervising, and evaluating teams, James followed an entrepreneurial dream and built two successful businesses. The first is an organization that incorporates freestyle rapping and beatboxing into improve comedy (bUT that’s a success story for another day). And the second is his speaking and coaching business (which is a success story for today).James has been speaking professionally to willing and unwilling audiences for years and has found that quality humor — not your lame, laugh-track, dad-joke humor — is the secret to hosting powerful conversations that make a genuine impact. His attendees leave feeling recharged, introspective, and ready to get out of their own way. James’ cornerstone concept is that we as humans can’t learn from people who are perfect, we can only learn from people who are imperfect. This thread of insight led him to building businesses that focus on authentic leadership. Companies like American Express and General Electric (GE) have gravitated towards this message and found the insights to be invaluable in shifting the way their teams communicate. Simply put, James is working to bring humanity back into the workplace. Everybody has a story and he’s on a mission to ensure that in their personal life and in their work life, every human realizes that they are enough.
Cost includes sessions both days and all meals.
- ICBND Emerging Leaders Development Program Annual Member FREE
- ICBND Emerging Leader Alumni $100.00
- ICBND Member—Non-Emerging Leader Members $150.00
- Non-ICBND Members $200.00