Negotiate to Win™: Essential Negotiation Skills for Community Bankers
The effectiveness of most things you do – whether it’s bargaining with customers over rates or structure, supporting credits through the approval process, dealing with staff performance, sorting out compliance issues with regulators, or managing everyday differences with colleagues, clients, friends, and significant others – is largely determined by how well you negotiate.
Mix in industry trends – commoditization and oversupply (translation: increasingly brutal competition); customers who feel more powerful, less loyal, and more inclined to negotiate than ever before; and a major emphasis on improved earnings – and the conclusion is inescapable: it’s time to improve your negotiation skills. Join us for a no-nonsense, how-to webinar that will jump-start your skills with key negotiating fundamentals. Begin a transformational improvement in the way you negotiate now!
Recorded March 29, 2018
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Competently employing the best negotiation practices
- How major trends in financial services have made skillful negotiating more important than ever
- Distinguish persuading and selling from negotiating, and know when to use each skill
- The central role of face, ego, and self-esteem in successful negotiating
- Understand the anti-negotiation bias in American culture and overcome the natural reluctance to bargain
- Effectively preparing for negotiations
- Manage concessions more effectively and avoid unnecessary concessions
- Achieve long-lasting, mutually profitable "win-win" solutions more consistently
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Electronic copies of Jim Thomas’s bestselling book, Negotiate to Win, and the Negotiate to Win for Bankers Workbook
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The webinar will benefit all lenders, business development officers, cash managers, credit officers, and compliance professionals.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Jim Thomas is a Washington, D.C. attorney, speaker, trainer, media personality, and world-renowned negotiator. In his 35-year career, Jim has negotiated everything from mergers and environmental agreements to nuclear arms deals. A frequent television guest and a popular speaker, Jim is the author of the acclaimed international bestseller, Negotiate to Win.
Jim graduated from UCLA and Georgetown University Law Center. He sits on several corporate boards and teaches at the University of Washington’s Pacific Coast Banking School, the Graduate School of Banking at LSU, and at the Georgetown University Law Center.