Alphabet Soup Series for Lenders:
Reg B & ECOA
(60-minute webinar – available only via recording)
Recorded Webinar Available January 29, 2021
(Look for January 29, 2021, when ordering)
The best defense against discriminatory lending practices at your institution is knowing how to spot them.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the nine protected classifications under the ECOA
- Explain the various forms of discrimination recognized by the federal courts
- Determine the proper procedures for the collection of monitoring information
- Know the various rules governing the evaluation of credit applications
- Understand Regulation B’s adverse action requirements
Join Regulatory Compliance Counsel Michael Christians for a 60-minute webinar covering the requirements imposed by the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B. During the session, participants will hear about protected classifications under the ECOA and the various forms of discrimination that your institution must be on the lookout for. Attendees will gain a solid knowledge of Regulation B’s rules governing the evaluation of credit applications as well as notification requirements when taking adverse action. Proper collection of government monitoring information and rules associated with providing appraisal and other valuation copies will also be explained.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed specifically for loan originators, loan processors, back office personnel, and compliance and audit professionals.
- Desktop quick reference guide to the ECOA and Regulation B
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
MEET THE PRESENTER - Michael Christians, Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Michael assists financial institutions and organizations across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes and offers customized education and training services. Michael has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
AVAILABLE ONLY VIA RECORDED WEBINAR
Recorded Webinar Includes
- Handout and Take-Away Toolkit
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Free Digital Download, yours to keep
- Share link with anyone at your institution
- Presenter’s contact info for follow-up
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE