Alphabet Soup Series for Lenders:
Reg V & FCRA
(60-minute webinar – available only via recording)
Recorded Webinar Available January 29, 2021
(Look for January 29, 2021, when ordering)
Financial institutions and borrowers rely on consistent gathering and reporting of fair, accurate information. Learn how to properly access, decipher, and utilize the data contained in consumer credit reports.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand what constitutes a permissible purpose for obtaining a credit report
- Explain the notification requirements associated with risk-based pricing
- Identify how to address fraud and active-duty alerts on a consumer report
- Know how to properly handle credit disputes made directly to your institution
- Determine the additional requirements associated with firm offers of credit
Join Regulatory Compliance Counsel Michael Christians for a 60-minute session covering the requirements imposed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Regulation V. During the session, participants will learn about the permissible purposes for accessing a consumer’s credit report, as well as notification requirements specific to mortgage loans and risk-based pricing. The rules related to affiliate marketing, how to handle direct disputes, and the requirements associated with making a firm offer of credit will also be covered. Finally, attendees will learn how to address fraud and active-duty alerts on a consumer report.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed specifically for loan originators, loan processors, back office personnel, and compliance and audit professionals.
- Desktop quick reference guide to the FCRA and Regulation V
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
MEET THE PRESENTER - Michael Christians, Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Michael assists financial institutions and organizations across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes and offers customized education and training services. Michael has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
AVAILABLE ONLY VIA RECORDED WEBINAR
Recorded Webinar Includes
- Handout and Take-Away Toolkit
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Free Digital Download, yours to keep
- Share link with anyone at your institution
- Presenter’s contact info for follow-up
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE