Alphabet Soup Series for Lenders:
Reg X & RESPA
(60-minute webinar – available only via recording)
Recorded Webinar Available January 29, 2021
(Look for January 29, 2021, when ordering)
Are RESPA and Reg X compliance top-of-mind at your institution? They should be. Regulators continue to focus on kickbacks, notifications, and escrow procedures in their exams.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain Section 8’s prohibition against kickbacks and unearned fees
- Determine what constitutes an affiliated business arrangement
- Know when to provide the Homeownership Counseling Notice
- Identify the mortgage servicing rules that govern escrow accounts and servicing transfers
- Understand the requirements specific to a borrower delinquent on a mortgage loan
Join Regulatory Compliance Counsel Michael Christians for a 60-minute discussion of the requirements imposed by the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and Regulation X. During the session, participants will learn about the scope and coverage of RESPA, including the statute’s prohibition against kickbacks and unearned fees, as well as notification requirements in connection with servicing transfers and force-placed insurance. In addition, this session will cover the procedural requirements in connection with escrow accounts and Regulation X’s protections for delinquent mortgage borrowers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed specifically for loan originators, loan processors, back office personnel, and compliance and audit professionals.
- Desktop quick reference guide to RESPA and Regulation X
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
MEET THE PRESENTER - Michael Christians, Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Michael assists financial institutions and organizations across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes and offers customized education and training services. Michael has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
AVAILABLE ONLY VIA RECORDED WEBINAR
Recorded Webinar Includes
- Handout and Take-Away Toolkit
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Free Digital Download, yours to keep
- Share link with anyone at your institution
- Presenter’s contact info for follow-up
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE