Alphabet Soup Series for Lenders:
Reg Z & TILA – Non-Real Estate
(60-minute webinar – available only via recording)
Recorded Webinar Available January 29, 2021
(Look for January 29, 2021, when ordering)
Find out how Reg Z and TILA apply to non-real estate loans and protect your institution from common missteps and regulatory consequences.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the disclosures required for non-real estate loans
- Explain the advertising requirements for both open-end and closed-end credit
- Determine proper application of the CARD Act’s ability-to-repay requirements
- Know when to provide application and solicitation disclosures in connection with credit card accounts
- Understand limitations in connection with over-the-limit transactions
Join Regulatory Compliance Counsel Michael Christians for a 60-minute discussion of the requirements imposed by the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z as they apply to non-real estate loans and credit cards. During the session, participants will hear about disclosure requirements, trigger terms, and other advertising considerations for both open-end and closed-end loans. In addition, attendees will review the following provisions of the CARD Act: ability to repay, application and solicitation disclosures, proper allocation of payments, product limitations, and internet posting of credit card agreements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed specifically for loan originators, loan processors, credit card department and other back office personnel, as well as compliance, audit and marketing professionals.
- Desktop quick reference guide to TILA and Regulation Z
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
MEET THE PRESENTER - Michael Christians, Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Michael assists financial institutions and organizations across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes and offers customized education and training services. Michael has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
AVAILABLE ONLY VIA RECORDED WEBINAR
Recorded Webinar Includes
- Handout and Take-Away Toolkit
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Free Digital Download, yours to keep
- Share link with anyone at your institution
- Presenter’s contact info for follow-up
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE