Emerging Leaders Development Program
Fall Leadership Conference
The Emerging Leaders Development Program (ELDP) is designed for career-aspiring community bankers who are committed to preserving and enhancing community banking and its philosophies. You do not need to be a member of the ELDP or ICBND to attend and we encourage all bankers to attend if they can.
Day1: October 13
Education session will take place at the Holiday Inn Bismarck, 3903 State Street, Bismarck, ND 58501
- 3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Brent Ekstrom, Lewis & Clark Development Group
- 3:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Kyle Olson, ND Farm Management Education
- 4:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. SCORE
- 4:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Question & Answer
- 5:30 p.m. Social & Dinner at the Holiday Inn. Sponsored in part by: Lewis & Clark Development Group
Day2: October 14
Education session will take place at the Holiday Inn Bismarck - 3903 State Street, Bismarck, ND 58503
- 8:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Debbie Peterson “How Smart Professionals Create Career Success”
- Her audiences and clients have shared that they have experienced more clarity of career direction, producing better decisions; an increased focus for clearer, consistent action; and more momentum, keeping them motivated and achieving the next level of success.Debbie is the creator of “The Way Forward Mentorship Program,” and the “The Way Forward Mastery Weekend,” for women and emerging leaders. She is a professional member of the National Speakers Association, Women’s Speakers Association, and an author with her book, “Clarity: How Smart Professionals Create Career Success on Their Terms,” released in 2019. Debbie has long been an advocate for professional women, and in 2015 she stepped on to the board of ATHENA International, a global organization committed to supporting, developing and honoring women leaders. She is also a member of the International Women’s Forum.
- 10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Joe Schmit “Impact Leadership”
- In this high energy, high-impact presentation loaded with humor Joe Schmit inspires and helps you discover how to ramp up the profound power of your influence. When you become more aware and intentional with the impact you have as a leader, it will improve your bottom line and your R.O.I. – Return on Impact. Through research, Joe has discovered that we make our biggest impressions when we are not trying to be impressive. Impact Leadership is a blueprint to help you improve your company culture, help you develop a high-performance team and make you a leader of significance. If there were a going away party at your work place today, who would the most people show up for? That person is having a "Silent Impact" on everyone around them, but what is their secret? Who would you place on your personal Mt. Rushmore of Influence and why would they be there? What “Impact Resolutions” can you make to become a leader of purpose, persistence and passion? These are answers you will learn in Joe’s session.
- 12:15 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Lunch - Sponsored in part by: Bell Bank
- 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. Mike Burke “Fraudsters Toolbox: Targeting the Elderly”
- Mike Burke is the Senior Robbery and Crisis Management Consultant for ICBND Associate Member, SHAZAM Network. From teaching criminal justice classes, investigating bank robberies and embezzlement as a sergeant detective, and serving as the founding director of the Iowa Central Homeland Security Training Center, Mike Burke is an invaluable resource for organizations looking to improve their understanding and training in robbery and crisis management. His timely, comprehensive and thoughtful presentations regarding robberies, active-shooter scenarios and loss prevention help community institutions enhance their security measures and ensure regulatory compliance. As a member of the Midwest Financial Fraud Investigators, Mike partners with law enforcement and other financial institutions to share information about fraud. In his presentation, “Fraudsters Toolbox: Targeting the Elderly,” Mike discusses how the elderly are a top target for scam artists and financial crimes against this population are becoming more rampant in the age of social media. Find out the different ways fraudsters target these vulnerable citizens using spam and tech support scams, law enforcement and IRS scams, grandparent and romance scams, in addition to phone call scams. Learn how to recognize unusual account activity and use the provided tools to educate your senior cardholders.
Cost includes sessions both days and all meals.
- ICBND Emerging Leaders Development Program Annual Member FREE
- ICBND Emerging Leader Alumni $100.00
- ICBND Member—Non-Emerging Leader Members $150.00
- Non-ICBND Members $200.00