The challenge of keeping pace with the ever-changing compliance regulations!
Independent Community Banks of North Dakota is pleased to once again sponsor the annual Community Bankers for Compliance Program (CBC). The CBC Program is the most successful and longest running compliance training program in the country.
The CBC Program provides your bank with up-to-date information on the ever-changing bank regulations, as well as guidance for structuring and maintaining your in-bank compliance program. In addition, it provides a forum where those responsible for regulatory compliance can discuss issues and exchange ideas with other community bankers.
Membership to the CBC Program consists of the following:
- Live Regulatory Seminars. Live compliance seminars are provided twice during the year. Two regulations will be presented along with a regulatory update.
- Regulatory Update Webinars. Two regulatory update webinars will be offered through the year. Each will discuss current news and regulatory changes that may have an impact on community banks at each session.
- Monthly Newsletter. The Compliance Update newsletter is sent to program members each month. It provides an update of compliance issues that impact community banks.
- Compliance Hotline. Members of the program may call the Young & Associates’ toll-free number or visit their Web site on the Internet for compliance questions that arise on a daily basis. Young & Associates has many qualified professionals available to answer your questions. This service ensures that your bank is just a phone call away from the information you need in order to answer your compliance questions.
- CBC Members Only Web Page. This web page is reserved for banks that are registered members of the Community Bankers for Compliance (CBC) Program. In it you will find special and timely information and tools provided by Young & Associates, Inc., that can be used to enhance the regulatory compliance function at your bank.
To assure that CBC members are getting the most out of their memberships, the program is designed with flexibility in mind. We realize that responsibilities change quite frequently within some banks. For this reason, membership is granted to banks, not individual bank employees. This enables you to send your bank's compliance officer, as well as an additional representative as the topics apply to the various areas of the bank. By sending these representatives to the sessions that matter most to them, you are greatly enhancing the bank's ability to implement compliance throughout the bank.
Who Should Attend
The focus of the CBC is always regulatory compliance. It is essential that your bank's compliance officer attend. But because regulatory compliance should be approached from a team perspective, many banks find it extremely beneficial to send additional employees to sessions on topics that relate directly to their positions in the bank. These employees typically come from the customer service, lending, or operations departments in the bank. To support this team effort, the CBC has been priced to enable your bank to send additional employees at a substantial savings.
The CBC Program has passed the test of regulatory scrutiny. After the original program was developed in other states, the regulatory agencies recognized the increased understanding and ability to deal with regulatory issues by those bankers who were members. Since then, the program has received approval from the regulatory agencies not only for its comprehensiveness, but also for its practicality.
Compliance Manuals When you attend a seminar, you want to focus on the material being presented. It is often too difficult, though, to listen to a speaker and write detailed notes at the same time. For this reason, the CBC Program manuals are written in full narrative. This also enables the banker to take the materials to the bank as a reference to the regulations and as a training manual for other employees.
The CBC is a proven method to reduce the risk of regulatory actions against your bank for reasons such as failure to establish a valid compliance management program, failure to establish compliance policies, failure to provide adequate compliance training, and failure to monitor internal compliance. In addition, with each change in regulatory compliance regulations, there is an increased risk of inadvertent compliance errors. The CBC reduces the possibility that these errors will occur because your employees will have a greater understanding of the regulatory requirements.
Most community banks do not have the time or money to build elaborate compliance systems, but there is a solution. The CBC Program will provide practical, user-friendly compliance techniques and explain how they can be related to all areas of compliance. For example, setting up compliance files, developing training programs, responding to the examinations, and resolving disputes are among the areas that are reviewed.
The CBC Program is designed to assist members in getting timely answers to their questions as well as testing techniques before implementation in the bank. The program provides a forum where each bank can be an active participant by asking questions and bringing concerns and compliance techniques for review by the group. This peer evaluation and two-way flow of information increases understanding and improves the bank’s effort toward a viable compliance program.
2021 Annual Program Membership includes:
- Attendance at the Spring and Fall 2‐day live regulatory seminars
- Detailed manual for each two‐day live seminar
- Two Quarterly Regulatory Update webinars
- Monthly Compliance Update newsletter issued electronically
- On‐line and toll‐free access to Young & Associates for compliance questions
Cost for 2021 Annual Program Membership
- ICBND Members
- $1,500 for one attendee
- $1,800 for two attendees
- $200 per 2-day session for additional attendees after two
- Non-ICBND Members
- $2,000 for one attendee
- $2,300 for two attendees
- $300 per 2-day session for additional attendees after two
Individual 2-Day Live Seminars
- ICBND Members
- $950 for one attendee
- $600 for each additional attendee
- Non‐ICBND Members
- $1,450 for one attendee
- $1,100 for each additional attendee
Individual Regulatory Update Webinars
- ICBND Members
- $375 per webinar
- Non‐ICBND Members
- $475 per webinar
2021 Dates and Locations:
Webinar Regulatory Seminars:
April 13 & 14, 2021
Ramkota Hotel, 800 South 3rd St, Bismarck ND 58501 701-258-7700 CHANGED TO VIRTUAL GOTOWEBINAR MEETINGS
September 21 & 22, 2021
Holiday Inn Bismarck, 3903 State Street, Bismarck, ND 58503 701-751-7700
Registration on Day 1 of each 2-day seminar will be at 9:30 AM and the session will run from 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Day 2 will run from 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM.
Regulatory Update Webinar
May 21, 2021
November 19, 2021
Each webinar will be presented at 11 AM(central time) and will be approx. 1-1/2 hrs.including questions and answers.
For more information and for paper registration, CLICK HERE.
Consent for Use of Photographic Images – Registration and attendance at, or participation in, ICBND meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to ICBND’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in social media, photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.