Location: Bismarck, ND
Work setting: It is strongly preferred that the successful candidate work on-site at BND Tuesday-Thursday, rotating with team members to work on-site Monday and Friday. We are flexible with this schedule and do our best to accommodate for family responsibilities. We believe there are advantages gained by working on-site together several days each week that strengthen our team.
Summary of Work
The highly respected Communications & Marketing team at Bank of North Dakota (BND) is seeking a multimedia specialist to play an important role in our five person department. If you are passionate about creative graphic design and dedicated to the highest quality standards, we may have the perfect job for you. The ability to collaborate and communicate well with co-workers throughout the Bank is essential.
BND is a unique place to work. We pride ourselves on our proactive, strategic approach to create financial solutions to current and emerging needs in the state. As the only bank in the country owned by the state, we serve all North Dakotans through programs that drive our economy to help business owners and farmers/ranchers be successful in business. Our student loan and College SAVE programs help thousands of residents achieve their higher education dreams.
Duties and Tasks
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Graphic design which includes illustrations, website creative development, PowerPoint presentation, social media imagery, banner design, infographics, brochures, one-page print ads and 15–20-page reports
- Assist with project specification writing
- Maintain the visual branding of all BND items
- The ability to lead multiple priorities, meet deadlines and champion projects from concept to completion
- Contributing as a team member to meet marketing goals, incorporating the best practices of branding and research
- Design and edit external/internal communications materials. The position requires Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat Pro expertise
- Design and edit external/internal webpages. (Requires WordPress and Microsoft SharePoint expertise)
- Associate degree or higher in graphic design or relevant field. If degree is not in graphic design, provide evidence of course work or special training in graphic design.
- High school diploma and five years of related professional work experience
- NOTE: Application must include four examples of graphic design work in a pdf or link to an online portfolio that demonstrates an ability to perform several of the project types noted under Responsibilities.